Retail Training Platform transforms the sector's learning for development and product knowledge
Article Updated, 7 July 2017
Skillslive has been formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group’s Digital Education Platform, establish in 2012. Skillslive Edu Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd with an established portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology.
Loft is focusing on corporate learning ecosystem and the benefits that big data will contribute to creating visibility across an organisation and the relevant stakeholders. Additionally, the utilisation of Cognitive systems that are able to exhibit adaptive, proactive and emotive behaviour. When implemented in support of educational activities a connection between the Manager - Educator - Student and the process of learning, content delivery, assessment and collaboration can all be individualised.
Overview of the Corporate Learning Ecosystem delivered through mobile, on demand and Blended Learning (70:20:10) objectives:
- E-Learning & M-Learning using a flexible and scalable model to deliver content and assessments to students, managed by educators and supported by accessible administration functionality.
- Educators and Students can arrange content and assessment to follow detailed learning pathways, providing a mobile needs based experience not one size fits all delivery.
- Intelligent semantic and cognitive engines to provide suggestions for next steps in learning, shared interests with people, opportunities for collaboration.
- Detailed scheduling and event management, connecting Educators and Students.
- Integrated social tools to encourage community involvement, build mentor relationships and accelerate collaboration.
- Student and Educator history and reflection is provided in line with social interactions and completion of content.
- Supportive in process analytics presented to Student, Educator and Administration.
- Support for the import and export of existing content and data.
- Third Party Integration with existing corporate business tools.
- Dashboard & Reporting with extensive reach and drill-drill down capabilities for effective and efficient key performance indicator analysis.
- Ability to operate while offline and sync data once an internet connection is re-established.
As part of our global strategy, Loft has a strong business partnership with IBM and as recognition for our innovative work in the Education and Healthcare sectors, we are soon to be accepted into the IBM Watson Ecosystem. This achievement of excellence establishes Loft in a network of only 70 companies globally. What is IBM Watson? Watson is built to mirror the same learning process that we have through the power of cognition. What drives this process is a common cognitive framework that humans use to inform their decisions: Observe, Interpret, Evaluate, and Decide.
Skillslive Digital Learning Solutions
Skillslive is a learner-centric Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Record Store (LRS) that is designed to help organisations increase learning engagement while enhancing an individual’s learning outcomes and improved organisational performance.
Skillslive enables on-demand education and contextual learning, collecting data and presenting analytics and insights to provide a 360° view within an organisation's learning ecosystem. Skillslive contributes to creating visibility across an organisation, its employees and contractors, plus aligning learning pathways with professional development, competencies, compliance, certification and accreditation.
Skillslive remains innovative and at the forefront of education technologies. Focusing on corporate learning ecosystems and the benefits that big data will contribute to creating visibility across an entire organisation at a local and global level. Additionally, the utilisation of cognitive systems that are able to exhibit adaptive, proactive and emotive behaviour. When implemented in support of educational activities a connection between communities and the process of learning, content delivery, assessment and collaboration can all be individualised, measured and presented in an enterprise dashboard. What drives this process is a common cognitive framework that humans use to inform their decisions: Observe, Interpret, Evaluate, and Decide.
Skillslive Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd. Loft Ventures has a portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology. Skillslive was formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group Digital Education Platform.
Digital Education Platform (DEP)
The Digital Education Platform is an enterprise grade mobile content delivery solution for education and training. The training application enables companies such as L'Oreal to deliver sales and product training to their entire national salon network, retail stores, staff and clients. Development of the training application commenced with Kerastase in 2011 and has since been deployed within the L’Oreal Professional Product Division Australia and New Zealand across global brands such as L'Oreal, Kerastase, Matrix and Redken.
The solution identifies with the need for a software application upon which an individual can engage with content through self-organised educational models, beneﬁt from proven social collaboration and be encouraged through the sharing of their efforts with industry professional mentors and peer groups. The purpose of this tool is to assemble the large concepts of education and make them more accessible and consumable by the individual.
Our vision for the ideal digital classroom is emerging. It meets the needs of the students and the community that surrounds them. It assists in the creation of innovative content design and supports delivery and assessment. It provides opportunity for active learning and collaboration amongst peers and mentors by putting control into the hands of the individual. In short, it's not a room at all.