Educate Application | The M-Learning Digital Education Evolution
Article Updated, 7 July 2017
SkillsLive has been formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group’s Digital Education Platform, establish in 2012. SkillsLive Edu Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd with an established portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology.
About Digital Education
The Loft Group has identified the need for a software application upon which an individual can engage with content through self-organised educational models, benefit from proven social collaboration and be encouraged through the sharing of their efforts with industry professional mentors and peer groups. The purpose of this tool is to assemble the large concepts of education and make them more accessible and consumable by the individual.
The Loft vision for the ideal digital classroom is emerging. It meets the needs of the students and the community that surrounds them. It assists in the creation of innovative content design and supports delivery and assessment. It provides opportunity for active learning and collaboration amongst peers and mentors by putting control into the hands of the individual. In short, it’s not a room at all.
Loft Educate | Overview
Loft Educate Advantages
- Mobile delivery and offline availability of learning materials provides a complete mobility solution
- Create and maintain content via the CMS or utilise our support services to manage this process
- Optimise content for the user’s devices, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Communicate easily with push notifications to your audience
- Manage students, educators, course content and digital learning assets simply via a CMS
- Create course content that engages learning through gamification, interactive features or scenario based learning that encourages and supports the student
- Measure, manage and make informed decisions with our Business Intelligence & Analytics Dashboard
- Choose from a full range of BYOD Applications
- Designed to integrate with company data sources or feeds from your own content channels
- Comprehensive integration into your existing LMS, HR, Accounting or In-House systems
Interactive Course Content
- Notes/Comments – Create and add notes or comments to course material / workbook
- Camera – Take and add photos in the classroom to course material / workbook
- Scribble Pad – Enables students to handwrite notes and add comments to photos or illustrations by using touch or a stylus. Create and draw illustrations, circle and highlight answers
- Drag and Drop – Enables students to drag photos, notes, answers or supplied images on to the course material / workbook
- Video – View video content within course material /workbook
- Social Sharing – Photos can be shared across multiple social applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or sent via email
- Assessment – Ability to feature an assessment or quiz so students can test their knowledge
- Feedback – Access feedback data to enhance the education experience
- Modular curriculum, digital media enhanced through environmental (prescribed data) and community submissions
- Learning through multiple pathways and learning styles
- Inline assessment linked to individual progress
- Gamification and Scenario based learning through content interaction and social reward
- Social integration and learning support from mentor and peer relationships
- Professional Portfolio validating real-life learning outcomes
- Encouragement and Supporting environment to encourage and engage learning
- Identity and Community
Individual & Group Analysis
- Metric analysis from individual, content and community contexts
- Visualisations delivered inline to enhance reward
Key features for Teachers:
- Student progress tracking
- Real time feedback
- Students notifications
- Access anywhere/any time on your personal mobile device
Key features for Students:
- View recent portfolio activity
- Take photos and record videos and add them to your individual collections
- Scribble pad and note pad for additional observations
- Organise your recorded media through custom folders
- Updated news feed
- Library of easy-access study resources
What is Mobile Learning?
Mobile learning or m-learning or is defined as “learning across multiple contexts, through social and content interactions, using personal electronic devices. A form of e-learning distance education, m-learners can use mobile device educational technology in many locations at their time convenience.
M-learning technologies include handheld computers, MP3 players, notebooks, mobile phones and tablets. M-learning focuses on the mobility of the learner, interacting with portable technologies. Using mobile tools for creating learning aids and materials becomes an important part of informal learning.
M-learning is convenient in that it is accessible from virtually anywhere. M-learning, like other forms of e-learning, is also collaborative. Sharing is almost instantaneous among everyone using the same content, which leads to the reception of instant feedback and tips. M-learning also brings strong portability by replacing books and notes with small devices, filled with tailored learning contents. In addition, it is simple to utilize mobile learning for a more effective and entertaining experience.
Definition reference Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-learning
The Loft Group is a creative digital agency which specialises in providing business consultancy through software solutions. Established in 2007, the Australian company constructs purpose-built digital infrastructure for clients to create online communities and harness the organisation’s communications, education, and human connections into one place, accessible from any channel.
The Loft Group lives and breathes a philosophy of customer intimacy and are committed to discovery, originality and entrepreneurship. With a Melbourne-based head office, the business is rapidly moving towards becoming a trusted business consultant, software developer and IT based business with satellite offices throughout Australia.
Skillslive Digital Learning Solutions
Skillslive is a learner-centric Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Record Store (LRS) that is designed to help organisations increase learning engagement while enhancing an individual’s learning outcomes and improved organisational performance.
Skillslive enables on-demand education and contextual learning, collecting data and presenting analytics and insights to provide a 360° view within an organisation's learning ecosystem. Skillslive contributes to creating visibility across an organisation, its employees and contractors, plus aligning learning pathways with professional development, competencies, compliance, certification and accreditation.
Skillslive remains innovative and at the forefront of education technologies. Focusing on corporate learning ecosystems and the benefits that big data will contribute to creating visibility across an entire organisation at a local and global level. Additionally, the utilisation of cognitive systems that are able to exhibit adaptive, proactive and emotive behaviour. When implemented in support of educational activities a connection between communities and the process of learning, content delivery, assessment and collaboration can all be individualised, measured and presented in an enterprise dashboard. What drives this process is a common cognitive framework that humans use to inform their decisions: Observe, Interpret, Evaluate, and Decide.
Skillslive Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd. Loft Ventures has a portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology. Skillslive was formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group Digital Education Platform.
Digital Education Platform (DEP)
The Digital Education Platform is an enterprise grade mobile content delivery solution for education and training. The training application enables companies such as L'Oreal to deliver sales and product training to their entire national salon network, retail stores, staff and clients. Development of the training application commenced with Kerastase in 2011 and has since been deployed within the L’Oreal Professional Product Division Australia and New Zealand across global brands such as L'Oreal, Kerastase, Matrix and Redken.
The solution identifies with the need for a software application upon which an individual can engage with content through self-organised educational models, beneﬁt from proven social collaboration and be encouraged through the sharing of their efforts with industry professional mentors and peer groups. The purpose of this tool is to assemble the large concepts of education and make them more accessible and consumable by the individual.
Our vision for the ideal digital classroom is emerging. It meets the needs of the students and the community that surrounds them. It assists in the creation of innovative content design and supports delivery and assessment. It provides opportunity for active learning and collaboration amongst peers and mentors by putting control into the hands of the individual. In short, it's not a room at all.