Digital outcomes achieved by Kérastase Education
Article Updated, 7 July 2017
Skillslive has been formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group’s Digital Education Platform, establish in 2012. Skillslive Edu Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd with an established portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology.
Loft has developed a range of enhancements and features since first launching Kérastase Education Australia in 2012. The benefits extend beyond the academy environment with the ability to engage educators and students in their Salon. It empowers the sales team and provides executive dashboards, business intelligence and analytics in order to measure and monitor across key performance indicators.
Kérastase Education has identified Australia & New Zealand are recognised as a leader within the L’Oréal Group globally for the adoption and use of digital education technology.
- Recognized as an innovation technology leader within the hair and beauty industry.
- Innovation in the delivery of Kérastase Paris brand, product and education messages for Salon Staff throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Enabled rapid delivery of content to support new product launches, product details, updated branding and changes to educational content.
- Substantially lowered existing education costs by removing the requirement for graphic design and traditional printing of Student workbooks.
- Reduced environmental impact through tablet based digital delivery.
- Added to the local and global group’s sustainable business model and practices.
- Education delivered to over 5000 students in every state within Australia and New Zealand.
Kerastase Education 2015 enhancements
- Executive Dashboard/Reporting Enabling Drill down data for Academy and In Salon Education
- In Salon Education Application Salon, Location, Time, Attendance, Educator, Student
- Education Workflow Student complete a course, suggest next course
- User Experience Revised Visuals, Navigation, Resources
- Social Media Integration Push Notifications, Social Media Login, Post to social sites
- Multi OS Support For Academy, In Salon and Consumer (tablet and mobile)
Kerastase Digital Education into the future
- Internal Deployment of the Digital Education Application being adopted as best practises within L’Oreal globally
- Advanced Dashboards and Business Analysis
- Enabling the application to meet industry training requirements (RTO / VTO)
- Enabling the Application to support for ‘Content’ Self-Serve functionality
- Enabling the Application to run in Online / Off-line mode
- Extend the attributes of a Course to include Prerequisites.
- Student learning pathways and Course Prerequisites, provide the Student with a notification suggesting the Course.
- Recognise Student prior experience can register their ability (and gain access to to higher order content) they can attempt Assessments.
Loft Group is a proudly Australian company, founded in 2007. Loft specialises in identifying customer delight, building innovative and inventive solutions and leveraging solid design process to deliver quality outcomes. Our primary focus is about improving communities by improving communications, connectivity and visibility of information. In doing so, we support research methodologies, professional engagement and human connections to strengthen the context within which these communities operate.
Our process builds a firm understanding of both requirement and expectation, using our expertise to enhance and improve within our target industries and improve and support client domain knowledge and activity. We use a proven technology stack that ensures Loft will be the first mover within any sector, driving the application product road map to achieve rapid development and deployment, global scale and the ability for modular diversification across broader main stream market opportunities.Visit our website…
Skillslive Digital Learning Solutions
Skillslive is a learner-centric Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Record Store (LRS) that is designed to help organisations increase learning engagement while enhancing an individual’s learning outcomes and improved organisational performance.
Skillslive enables on-demand education and contextual learning, collecting data and presenting analytics and insights to provide a 360° view within an organisation's learning ecosystem. Skillslive contributes to creating visibility across an organisation, its employees and contractors, plus aligning learning pathways with professional development, competencies, compliance, certification and accreditation.
Skillslive remains innovative and at the forefront of education technologies. Focusing on corporate learning ecosystems and the benefits that big data will contribute to creating visibility across an entire organisation at a local and global level. Additionally, the utilisation of cognitive systems that are able to exhibit adaptive, proactive and emotive behaviour. When implemented in support of educational activities a connection between communities and the process of learning, content delivery, assessment and collaboration can all be individualised, measured and presented in an enterprise dashboard. What drives this process is a common cognitive framework that humans use to inform their decisions: Observe, Interpret, Evaluate, and Decide.
Skillslive Pty Ltd was recently acquired by Loft Ventures Pty Ltd. Loft Ventures has a portfolio of technology companies focused on global opportunities though cloud infrastructure and scalable technology. Skillslive was formed to execute a global commercialisation strategy for the Loft Group Digital Education Platform.
Digital Education Platform (DEP)
The Digital Education Platform is an enterprise grade mobile content delivery solution for education and training. The training application enables companies such as L'Oreal to deliver sales and product training to their entire national salon network, retail stores, staff and clients. Development of the training application commenced with Kerastase in 2011 and has since been deployed within the L’Oreal Professional Product Division Australia and New Zealand across global brands such as L'Oreal, Kerastase, Matrix and Redken.
The solution identifies with the need for a software application upon which an individual can engage with content through self-organised educational models, beneﬁt from proven social collaboration and be encouraged through the sharing of their efforts with industry professional mentors and peer groups. The purpose of this tool is to assemble the large concepts of education and make them more accessible and consumable by the individual.
Our vision for the ideal digital classroom is emerging. It meets the needs of the students and the community that surrounds them. It assists in the creation of innovative content design and supports delivery and assessment. It provides opportunity for active learning and collaboration amongst peers and mentors by putting control into the hands of the individual. In short, it's not a room at all.